Let Security Dealer Marketing Be Your Little Fly On The Wall!
After dedicating ourselves to the security industry for the past 4 years and having worked with over 80 security companies nationwide we’ve narrowed down the top 7 successful marketing efforts that every security company should be doing! Interested? Then keep reading and if you’re not, congratulations on not needing any more business!
Back in the dark ages before there was the World Wide Web as we know it advertising would likely include costly magazine ads, billboards, newspaper ads, TV, radio and possibly mailers. In order for this marketing approach to work you’d need to disrupt someone’s day! You’re basically stopping someone to say hey! I know you weren’t in the market to purchase a security system, but let me try to convince you anyway. This is what is referred to as push marketing, a shotgun approach, but there is a better way!
Imagine being able to advertise your security company’s product/services only to those who are actively seeking it with their wallets out ready to purchase or act on that call to action towards the next steps. The day and age of wondering how to advertise to your potential customers is over and it has been for quite some time. It’s time to start “Pull Marketing” as opposed to Push Marketing.
In the last 4 years we have helped over 100 security companies nationwide market themselves with their grand ideas and methods but after helping our customers we have learned what actually works to generate leads. How many times have you wondered what your fellow colleagues are doing to grow their business? Well, we’re that little fly on the wall and although we would never share our customer’s trade secrets or self-proprietary material we can share the common methods that actually works.
We are the only 100% dedicated full-service marketing agency that has entrenched itself to this wonderful industry and have come to love the thousands of people that we have met by exhibiting at industry tradeshows, speaking engagements, through our monthly marketing column in SDM Magazine, “Marketing Madmen”, local security organizations, and other events that we are very active within.
And it’s because of this passion and love of helping dealers, integrators and industry manufactures (yes I said manufactures) nationwide we have always provided marketing services that produce results!
Below is list of core services results show your company should be focusing on mastering before going on to secondary efforts like self promo, or out of the box ideas to grow your company. Master these and we promise the leads will come in:
1. Website Design – Your website is the single most important piece of your entire marketing efforts. Your website will act as your 24/7 sales person, ensure credibility, and more importantly generate your company leads. If designed and developed correctly, your website will be found on search engines including Google for all relative security searches within your service area and provide a wealth of knowledge on how potential customers are seeking to purchase security in your area, report what is most appealing to them (ie security cameras, wireless security, etc.) Monthly benchmarks allow you to start split A/B testing to see what creates more leads. For example do web visitors want lengthy or shorter to the point verbiage? Do they prefer manufacturer videos showing them the technology? Or, is it an emotional connection they are looking for? All can be tested and answered to create new, higher benchmarks. If your website looks exactly the same as when it was launched we encourage you to look at your analytics and start changing things up!
2. PPC – A great way to start generating traffic to your website within hours! If your website is up to speed and is ready to start tracking results, turning on a local or national PPC campaign is a great way to start getting targeted searchers who are ready to purchase security to your website. Great thing about a PPC campaign it is 100% trackable and the results are almost instant. PPC can be set for any sized budget.
3. Local Map Listings – It amazes us how many security companies overlook this and feel as if it’s not important. Do a simple Google search in your area and see what results are towards the top of your search. More than likely it is going to be Google’s local map listings, which provide a potential customer a wealth of knowledge! It provides them with customer reviews, your location, hours of operation, list of services a link to your website and Google+ page. If you were a potential customer what would hold more equity? Telling how great your company is or hundreds of satisfied customers sharing their story on their great experience with your company? We can help your company claim, register, add multiple locations and rank higher with Google Map results. Some of the additional services below we can even cross pollinate your marketing efforts with an E-newsletter campaign encouraging existing customers to click on a link and write your company a review.
4. SEO – We like to refer to SEO to fishing. Putting a single line in the ocean with the best bait for a particular fish is great, but what if you had dozens or hundreds of lines in the ocean? Do you think that would improve your chances of catching that trophy-sized fish? And the same goes for your national or local SEO efforts. With a geo-marketing SEO campaign we can create you geo-landing pages that will pull up on the top of results when different types of key phrases are being typed into Google, need an example? Lets say your company is in Los Angeles and you provide residential security, possible searches are Los Angeles home security, Los Angeles home security company, Los Angeles wireless security system, Los Angeles home security cameras, etc. We can of course get you on the top with a PPC campaign but each time a potential customer clicks on your ad it costs you money vs. a page that pulls up in the natural search results does not. In our experience having an ad on the top using PPC, being in the top A-D of the local map listings and being on the top of natural search rankings is the secret ingredient to generating leads exponentially! And we can help you achieve it.
5. Referral Programs – What if we told you that up to 10-12% of past customers would indeed refer your company to friends and family each month! What would that do for your company? Most security companies are happy to give an incentive to existing customers or prospects to refer others to you. If you don’t have a formal referral program than create one and make sure its in writing so it is official. Don’t leave money on the table; your best prospects are existing customers. If you are indeed providing great service like you claim you are, thank you shouldn’t be scared to ask your newly installed customer for a review and a referral. Again with cross pollinating marketing efforts when tied in with a monthly E-newsletter each month you will see referrals come in and an increase in up-sales as well as Google reviews.
6. E-Newsletter Campaign – First things first! If you’re not getting your current customers email addresses you better start. Today! I mean it! We have found many benefits of a monthly E-newsletter campaign to be what we believe is a necessary crucial part of your marketing efforts. Our results show it will actually lower attrition by keeping in close contact and top-of-mind with your existing customers, generate up-sales on additional hardware or upgrading their systems to home automation, generate monthly referrals, increase your Google reviews (Again highly important), increase your social media growth, create awareness on additional services your company may offer and much more! We’re not sure what else we can say to convince you on this simple yet effective marketing effort that helps your company in so many ways! If you’re not doing it you’re leaving money on the table!
7. Re-Marketing – Ever visit a website and notice that for some strange reason their ads seem to follow you around when you visit other websites, on Facebook or when you’re checking your email? Well that’s not by chance, it’s called re-marketing and it works! Sometimes when a visitor visits your website they might need a little bit more time to make a decision. But because they visited your website we can embed a cookie onto their computer, or as we like to call it a parasite. This embedded cookie will tell other websites they visit to show your company’s ad to keep you top-of-mind and provide them with an incentive to revisit your website such as a discount or offer. Tying this in to your marketing efforts truly completes a full circle! Vary rarely have we met with a security company that has all of these services down perfect. When we provide our marketing audits we usually find ways that we can improve each campaign, but the secret is to consistently put these 7 marketing efforts concurrently in play!
With these list of services there is no waiting around to see if they are working, they are instantaneous! And because they are we can work with you to set monthly benchmarks, split A/B test to increase results and truly help your company to grow.
Do we believe this is the only thing your company should be doing when it comes to marketing? No, but we truly believe in our 4 years of experience helping security dealers nationwide that they are the foundational solutions to help your company to grow! If you made it down this far chances are you’re the candidate we’re looking to take on as a client.
To see if your company is a fit for our company to take on as a client we encourage you to pickup the phone and lets have a chat! You won’t get a pushy sales pitch because we’re not looking to take on every dealer in the world, only the ones that understand that with quality efforts and a steady pace they will see results!
CALL TODAY TO GET STARTED: 888-572-4450 ext. 100